Motivational Speaker – Brian Tracy – US
|Born||January 5, 1944 (age 69)
|Spouse(s)||Barbara Tracy (m. 1979)|
Brian Tracy (born January 5, 1944) is a motivational speaker and author. He has conducted seminars and workshops in 61 countries worldwide, and is the Chairman and CEO of Brian Tracy International, a company specializing in the training and development of individuals and organizations.
Brian was born in Charlottetown, P.E.I., Canada in 1944. His parents moved to Toronto where his father was a professor of sculpture at the University of Toronto. In 1952, his parents moved with their three boys to Pomona, California where Brian grew up to the age of 16.
In 1960, Brian’s family moved to Vancouver, British Columbia where he attended high school, leaving without graduating. After working in sawmills, factories and on construction projects, Brian got a job on a Norwegian freighter out of Halifax, Nova Scotia.
Business career[edit source | editbeta]
When he returned to Canada 1970, Brian got his real estate license in Vancouver, British Columbia and became active in renting, leasing and selling commercial property. In 1975, he moved to Edmonton, Alberta where he worked in commercial real estate.
By 1978, he was the COO of Patrician Land Corporation in Edmonton, a real estate development company with properties all over western Canada. When Patrician Land Corporation was purchased by Fidelity Investments in 1981, Tracy struck out on his own as a professional business speaker and trainer.
Brian has studied, researched, written and spoken for 30 years in the fields of business, personal success, economics, history, philosophy and psychology. He is the author of 55 books that now have been translated into 42 languages, and which are now available in 60 countries.
Politics[edit source | editbeta]
Brian ran for governor in the 2003 California gubernatorial recall election that saw Gray Davis pushed out of power, and Arnold Schwarzenegger elected. Brian received 842 votes, or 0.01% of the total.
Personal life[edit source | editbeta]
Brian has now travelled and worked in more than 100 countries on six continents, and speaks four languages. Brian is married to Barbara and has four children; Christina, Michael, David, and Catherine. He is active in community and national affairs, and is the president of three companies headquartered in Solana Beach, California.
In April, 2010, Tracy announced on his blog that he had been diagnosed with throat cancer. After six months of treatment, including chemotherapy, surgery and radiation, the cancer was successfully treated and all traces of cancer had disappeared.
Honors and Awards[edit source | editbeta]
- 2012 Nominated for Small Business Influencer Awards in Leaders- Small business Influencers
- 2011 Lifetime Achievement Award- National Academy of Best-Selling Authors
- 2011 Master of Influence Award- NSA Influence Convention
- 2010 Harold Longman Award for the Best Business Book of 2010- How the Best Leaders Lead
- 2009 Nominated for a Shortly Award- Best content producers on Twitter
- 1989 CPAE Speaker Hall of Fame- Lifetime award for speaking excellence and professionalism
Quotes[edit source | editbeta]
- “You are the architect of your own destiny; you are the master of your own fate; you are behind the steering wheel of your life. There are no limitations to what you can do, have, or be. Except the limitations you place on yourself by your own thinking.
- “The potential of the average person is like a huge ocean unsailed, a new continent unexplored, a world of possibilities waiting to be released and channeled toward some great good.” 
Bibliography[edit source | editbeta]
- Maximum Achievement: Strategies and Skills That Will Unlock Your Hidden Powers to Succeed (1993) ISBN 0-671-86518-8
- Advanced Selling Strategies: The Proven System of Sales Ideas, Methods, and Techniques Used by Top Salespeople Everywhere (1995) ISBN 0-684-82474-4
- The Psychology of Selling: The Art of Closing Sales (1995) ISBN 978-0-7435-2069-0
- Jones and the Salesman (1999)
- The 100 Absolutely Unbreakable Laws of Business Success (2000) ISBN 1-57675-126-0
- The 21 Success Secrets of Self-Made Millionaires: How to Achieve Financial Independence Faster and Easier Than You Ever Thought Possible (2001) ISBN 1-58376-205-1
- Eat that Frog: 21 Ways to stop Procrastination and get More Done in Less Time (2001) ISBN 1-58376-202-7
- Get Paid More and Promoted Faster (2001) ISBN 1-58376-207-8
- Focal Point (2001) American Management Association ISBN 0-8144-7278-8
- Victory!: Applying the Proven Principles of Military Strategy to Achieve Success in Your Business and Personal Life (2002) ISBN 0-8144-0750-1
- Be a Sales Superstar: 21 Great Ways to Sell More, Faster, Easier in Tough Markets (2002) ISBN 1-57675-175-9
- Create Your Own Future: How to Master the 12 Critical Factors of Unlimited Success (2002) ISBN 0-471-25107-0
- Goals!: How To Get Everything You Want—Faster Than You Ever Thought Possible (2003) ISBN 978-1-57675-235-7
- Turbostrategy: 21 Powerful Ways to Transform your Business and Boost Your Profits Quickly (2003) ISBN 0-8144-7193-5
- Change Your Thinking, Change Your Life (2003) ISBN 0-471-44858-3
- Getting Rich Your Own Way: Achieve All Your Financial Goals Faster Than You Ever Thought Possible (2004) ISBN 0-471-65264-4
- Tracy, Brian (2004). Million Dollar Habits: Proven Power Practices to Double and Triple Your Income. Irvine, California: Entrepreneur Press. ISBN 978-1-93-215670-6.
- Time Power: A Proven System for Getting More Done in Less Time Than You Ever Thought Possible (2004) American Management Association ISBN 0-8144-7247-8
- Something for Nothing : The All-Consuming Desire that Turns the American Dream into a Social Nightmare (2005) ISBN 1-59555-038-0
- The Power of Charm: How to Win Anyone over in Any Situation (2006) American Management Association ISBN 0-8144-7357-1
- Crunch Point: The 21 Secrets to Succeeding When It Matters Most (2006) American Management Association ISBN 978-0-8144-7371-9
- Flight Plan: The Real Secret of Success (2008) ISBN 1-57675-497-9
- The Miracle of Self-discipline: The “No-Excuses” Way to Getting Things Done (2010) ISBN 1-908364-04-1