Top company by employee – 9 – Ultimate Software – Florida US
Industry: Information Technology – Software
Ownership: Publicly quoted/held
Previous rank: 25
2011 revenue ($ millions): $269
What makes it so great?
The developer of people-management software—customers include Google, Quicken Loans, and the New York Yankees—covers 100% of health care premiums for employees and dependents and treats workers to a free vacation every two years.
|Traded as||NASDAQ: ULTI|
|Industry||SaaS HCM Software|
|Revenue||$332.3 million |
Ultimate Software is the developer and provider of cloud-based human capital management (HCM) solutions for businesses. As of December 31, 2012, Ultimate reported total revenues of nearly $332.3 million.
Headquartered in Weston, FL, Ultimate Software employs more than 1,735 professionals and has more than 2,500 customers of all sizes across diverse industries.
Ultimate Software was founded in 1990 by Scott Scherr, the company’s current CEO and president. The company went public in June 1998.
Products and services
The company’s UltiPro solution is a cloud-based platform that delivers human capital management to organizations across all industries. UltiPro provides its customers with one system of record for HR, payroll, and talent management. More than 10 million person records in 144 countries are supported in Ultimate’s SaaS environment.
Ultimate Software markets two software suites, primarily through direct sales teams. UltiPro Enterprise is designed for companies with 1,000 or more employees while UltiPro Workplace is designed for businesses with 200-999 employees.
- 2013: Ranked #9 on FORTUNE’s annual rankings of the Best Companies to Work For
- 2013: Received the highest possible rating in Constellation Research’s annual Certification for the Cloud Buyer’s Bill of Rights
- 2012: Ranked #25 on FORTUNE’s annual rankings of the Best Companies to Work For
- 2012: Ranked in the top 100 on the InformationWeek — a list of the top technology innovators among U.S. businesses
- 2012: Recognized as one of the Achievers 50 Most Engaged Workplaces™ in the United States
- 2012: Re-certified as a “green business" by the Institute for Green Business Certification, Inc. (IGBC)
- 2012: Achieved prestigious Service Capability & Performance (SCP) Certification (every year since 1998)
- 2011: Received Forrester Groundswell Award for achieving business and organizational goals through innovation in social technology applications
- 2011: Received SuperNova Award from Constellation Research, acknowledging organizations that have successfully applied emerging and disruptive technologies
- 2010: Achieved distinguished ISO/IEC 27001 certification for the second time
- 2010: Named Optimas Award winner by Workforce Management Magazine
- 2009: Received Best of SaaS Showplace (BoSS) Award by THINKstragies
- 2009: Named the #1 best medium-sized company to work for in America for the second consecutive year by The Great Place to Work Institute
- 2009: Awarded First Place People’s Choice Stevie for Favorite New SaaS Product
- 2009: Received International Association for Human Resource Information Management (IHRIM) Partners Award
- 2008: Named Best Product Development Team by The American Business Awards