Rank no. 299 – The Grounds Guys LLC – US
Products & Services: Landscape maintenance
Number of Locations: 147
Total Investment: $66.16K – 190.66K
Began Franchising: 2010
About The Grounds Guys LLC
Tim van Stralen and his nine brothers founded Sunshine Grounds Care, a landscape maintenance business, in 1987. In 2010, they teamed up with The Dwyer Group to use the experience and knowledge gained in running Sunshine Grounds Care to create and franchise a new company: The Grounds Guys.
Startup Costs, Ongoing Fees and Financing
Franchise Fee: $28,000
Ongoing Royalty Fee: 2.5-7%
Term of Franchise Agreement: 10 years, renewable
Net Worth: $100,000
Liquid Cash Available: $40,000
Franchise can be run from home. Number of employees needed to run franchised unit: 15. Absentee ownership of franchise is NOT allowed. (100% of current franchisees are owner/operators).
|FINANCING TYPE||IN-HOUSE||THIRD PARTY|
How This Franchise Supports Franchisees
Franchise Ranking History
With The Grounds Guys Landscaping Franchise
A Greener Future is Waiting for You!
The Grounds Guys Landscape Franchise
The Grounds Guys is the newest service franchise opportunity in the landscaping, lawn and garden, lawn care industry. It’s a new name in the U.S, but comes with more than 20 years of landscaping franchise experience in Canada. And, like the other great franchise opportunities from The Dwyer Group, it comes with all the systems, training, support and tools you need to create a profitable service franchise business. As a full service grounds care company, our established systems allow us to deliver industry-leading solutions to commercial and residential clients. Built on a family tradition of caring, The Grounds Guys are driven by a passion to exceed the expectations of our customers.
Our Franchisees will provide commercial, residential and municipal property maintenance and landscaping services; snow removal services (depending on location); junk, trash and debris removal; landscape design; horticultural services, namely, sod installation, lawn and vegetation fertilization and treatment; and other related services and products.
Key benefits of The Grounds Guys landscape franchise opportunity:
- The Brand People Trust
- Currently all franchise territories in the United States are open.
- We are experts in commercial landscaping management.
- We’re an active participant in the VetFran program, helping with the veterans transition franchise initiative.
- The Grounds Guys is available to those with landscape management experience and those without experience. You’ll have the best training no matter what your experience level.
- Snow removal and other winter services provide a year-round offering of services to customers.
Why choose The Grounds Guys landscape management franchise?
- The Grounds Guys landscape franchise offers you access to vital knowledge you need to focus on the business side of your company. With a more in-depth knowledge of your operation, you’ll be able to improve efficiency and performance.
- Expand your services, increase profitability and enjoy a more streamlined business that allows you more time off and a better quality of life. Why spend more time than necessary growing your business? Follow the systems and the advice of other franchise owners and your franchise coach to find a new, more efficient way to run your enterprise.
- Discounts and rebates on what you need to run your franchise. The Grounds Guys offers you better rates on insurance, vehicles, supplies, parts and more. Don’t waste a penny on the supplies you need. With a large network, we’ve negotiated great deals on supplies. The buying power of a national company works for you.
- The systems cover virtually every component of running a successful business. From service calls to marketing, every part of the business has a system built to maximize results.
- Build an appreciating asset with The Grounds Guys landscape management franchise. The systems and support give you a viable exit strategy when it’s time to retire. There’s a program available to help you sell your business.
What’s included with The Grounds Guys franchise?
- The Grounds Guys landscape franchise combines all the benefits of a local business with the strength of a national brand name.
- You get comprehensive training and ongoing franchise support whenever you need it. Your The Grounds Guys franchise coach is always there to help when you need it most.
- The Grounds Guys franchise also provides full marketing support. Local and national marketing will make your The Grounds Guys franchise the first choice for landscape management service in your market.
- You won’t be on your own. You’ll be a part of one of the largest and most successful groups of entrepreneurs in North America. The Grounds Guys landscape management franchise puts you just a phone call or e-mail away from a fellow franchise owner who can help you with your business.
- Regional and national training meetings are held frequently to give you a chance to sharpen business or technical skills, catch up with other franchise owners and get away from the daily routine.
We learned a long time ago that if you don’t know the business side of your operation, it’s likely that you don’t really own a business, you own a job. You deserve to own your landscape management business. With a The Grounds Guys landscape management franchise, you can enjoy a more streamlined, secure lifestyle that offers you quality time for your family, friends and recreational pursuits.
Support & Training
The Grounds Guys
- Financial Assistance Provided: Yes
- Training: Initial 6 day training at the corporate offices of Grounds Guys (Waco, TX)
Initial 2 day field visit within 90 days after opening. Minimum of one field visit each year after
Bi-monthly webinars with corporate staff with other Franchisees from around the country where specific components of the system will be emphasized
Monthly Town Hall meeting conducted over the internet with the company president to discuss various topics and help to foster relationships among our owners
Yearly Dwyer Group convention with 3 days of intense training on the Grounds Guys system
Unlimited phone support with dedicated corporate support staff
Intra-company website with a vast library of training materials and an open forum for our Franchisees to communicate with other owners from across the country.
- Other Info: Low Entry, Low Risk, Highly Scalable