Forbes Best US Restaurant -24 – Saison – San Francisco, CA
178 Townsend St.
San Francisco, CA 94107
- Cross Street: Between 2nd and 3rd
- Parking: Street Parking
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.saisonsf.com
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (415) 828-7990
- Hours of Operation: Dinner Only: Tuesday-Saturday 6pm-9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX, MasterCard, Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American, Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Joshua Skenes
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: No
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef’s Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact the restaurant for Private Dining/Party Information.
- Private Party Contact: Patrick Ellis (415) 828-7990
THE SAISON STORY
The heart of saison lies in the hearth; every dish we create incorporates elements from the fire. We offer one menu a night composed of the very best of everything that we can possibly find, presented honestly.
Our aim is to provide something exciting but real. We try to cook without the excess so the fundamental flavors can reach their deepest points and allow the truth of an ingredient to show itself. After a meal, at any level, we should feel nourished, satisfied, and healthy.
Saison has removed the barriers from the dining experience – there are literally no walls. Our kitchen is open to all guests, and the seating is one and the same, weaved throughout so we can share the sights, smells, and sounds we love with our guests.
The experience is designed around the senses; every material you come in contact with should be a joy to use. Slabs of walnut polished by hand to be smooth to the touch, handblown stemware, silverware that is balanced and a pleasure to hold, the china, the linen, et cetera – everything is based on this principle.
At the end of the day, no matter how serious we may take our work, this is about celebration and enjoyment. We welcome you as if it were in a good friend’s home.