Products & Services: Embroidery, screen printing, promotional products
Number of Locations: 426
Total Investment: $86.93K – 236.25K
Began Franchising: 2001
Ray Titus, who had previously started Sign-A-Rama, opened the first EmbroidMe store in 2000 in West Palm Beach, Florida, and began franchising the concept shortly thereafter. EmbroidMe franchises offer custom embroidery and screen printing on a variety of apparel and promotional items. EmbroidMe is part of United Franchise Group, which also franchises Sign-A-Rama, Billboard Connection, Plan Ahead Events and Transworld Business Advisors.
Startup Costs, Ongoing Fees and Financing
Franchise Fee: $44,500
Ongoing Royalty Fee: to 6%
Term of Franchise Agreement: 35 years, renewable
Liquid Cash Available: $40,000
5% of all franchisees own more than one unit. Number of employees needed to run franchised unit: 2. Absentee ownership of franchise is NOT allowed. (100% of current franchisees are owner/operators).
|FINANCING TYPE||IN-HOUSE||THIRD PARTY|
How This Franchise Supports Franchisees
Franchise Ranking History
|Type||Subsidiary of the United Franchise Group|
|Headquarters||West Palm Beach, Florida, U.S|
|Key people||Ray Titus: Founder,
Mark Johnson: President,
Mike Brugger: VP Operations,
Ty Thomas: Executive V.P ,
Nicholas Bruckner: VP (Sales),
Dave Cary: General Counsel
|Products||Embroidery, Garment Printing,Promotional Marketing|
EmbroidMe is a U.S based franchise that specializes in custom embroidery and screen printing. It is part of the United Franchise Group. The company was founded in 2000 by Ray Titus who launched the first store in West Palm Beach. EmbroidMe has over 350 units across the world, with regional offices in Australia, Canada and the United States. Other locations include Bahamas,Great Britain, New Zealand, Mexico, Nicaragua, Singapore, South Africa, Malaysia and Qatar.
The company’s headquarters is located in West Palm Beach, Florida. EmbroidMe offers promotional products and services such as monogramming. The company’s list of products includes corporate apparel, shirts, uniforms and other clothing. Products are sold through the company’s many retail outlets across the world.
EmbroidMe was ranked 72nd in Entrepreneur’s 2008 fastest growing franchise list. In 2010, the Advertising Speciality Institute listed EmbroidMe among the top 40 promotional product distributors in North America based on the company’s sales. EmbroidMe was ranked 421st on the 2011 Franchise 500 list. The company grew by 86 spots and was ranked 336th in the updated 2012 Entrepreneur Franchise 500 list.
||This section needs additional citations for verification. Please help improve this article by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material may be challenged and removed. (November 2012)|
- 2000 – Founded by Ray Titus
- 2002 – Company opens its 50th store.
- 2002 – Company launches its first foreign store
- 2004 – Company launches is first franchise store in Australia
- 2004 – Company opens its 200th store
- 2006 – Ranked 20th on ASI Top 40 distributor list *2006 – EmbroidMe is ranked 1st in the Embroidery Category by Entrepreneur Magazine.
- 2006 – Company begins expansion into New Zealand and the United Kingdom.
- 2007 – Ranked 21st on ASI Top 40 distributor list
- 2007 – Ray Titus wins 2007 Ernst and Young Entrepreneur of the year
- 2008 – Ranked 18th on ASI Top 40 distributor list
- 2008 – Ranked 72nd in Entrepreneur.com Fastest-Growing Franchises list
- 2009 – Ranked 18th on ASI Top 40 distributor list
- 2011 – Ranked 19th on ASI Top 40 distributor list
- 2011 – National Network of Embroidery Professionals ranks the company 28th in a publication highlighting the ’75 most powerful people and companies in the industry’
EmbroidMe provides customized apparel and products. The company’s list of services include garment printing services, embroidery services, personalized gifts and promotional products.