Top 100 Most Expensive Zip Codes in US by Forbes in 2013-Rank no.57 – 90272, Pacific Palisades, CA
Estimated zip code population in 2011: 22,765
Zip code population in 2010: 22,986
Zip code population in 2000: 22,538
Renter-occupied apartments: 1,535
% of renters here: 17%
Mar. 2012 cost of living index in zip code 90272: 130.9 (high, U.S. average is 100)
Real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2011:
This zip code: 0.9% ($9,207)
California: 0.8% ($2,907)
Zip code 90272 compared to state average:
- Median household income significantly above state average.
- Median house value significantly above state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age significantly above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage below state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Number of rooms per house above state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor’s degree or higher significantly above state average.
Notable locations in this zip code not listed on our city pages:
Notable locations in zip code 90272: Conference Grounds (A), Claude Parker Ranch (B), Camp Josepho (C), Temescal Lookout (D), Will Rogers Ranch (E), Riviera Country Club (F), Presbyterian Conference Grounds (G), Palisades Branch Los Angeles Public Library (H), J Paul Getty Museum (I), Eames House (J), City of Los Angeles Fire Department Station 69 (K), City of Los Angeles Fire Department Station 23 (L). Display/hide their locations on the map
Church in zip code 90272: Community United Methodist Church (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Lake: Santa Ynez Lake (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Parks in zip code 90272 include: Polo Field (1), Will Rogers State Beach (2), Will Rogers State Park (3), Temescal Canyon Park (4), Almar Plaza (5), Asilomar Park (6), Rivas Canyon Park (7), Rustic Canyon Park (8), Santa Ynez Canyon Park (9). Display/hide their locations on the map
Beach: Castle Rock Beach (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Estimated household income distribution in 2009:
Estimate of home value of owner-occupied houses/condos in 2011 in zip code 90272:
Rent paid by renters in 2011 in zip code 90272:
Household type by relationship:
- In family households: 20,012 (4,050 male householders, 2,449 female householders)
5,857 spouses, 6,613 children (6,257 natural, 222 adopted, 136 stepchildren), 154 grandchildren, 108 brothers or sisters, 223 parents, 250 other relatives, 308 non-relatives
- In nonfamily households: 2,722 (926 male householders (807 living alone)), 1,496 female householders (1,394 living alone)), 300 nonrelatives
- In group quarters: 31 (0 institutionalized population)
Size of family households: 3,056 2-persons, 1,267 3-persons, 1,562 4-persons, 439 5-persons, 153 6-persons, 22 7-or-more-persons
Size of nonfamily households: 2,201 1-person, 203 2-persons, 18 5-persons
4,926 married couples with children.
592 single-parent households (111 men, 481 women).
81.8% of residents of 90272 zip code speak English at home.
4.9% of residents speak Spanish at home (73% very well, 12% well, 8% not well, 7% not at all).
10.0% of residents speak other Indo-European language at home (84% very well, 8% well, 6% not well, 2% not at all).
2.3% of residents speak Asian or Pacific Island language at home (79% very well, 18% well, 2% not well, 1% not at all).
0.9% of residents speak other language at home (100% very well).
(76.6% of them are naturalized citizens)
|This zip code:||15.8%|
Races in zip code 90272:
White population: 19,881
Black population: 165
American Indian population: 20
Asian population: 1,215
Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander population: 9
Some other race population: 61
Two or more races population: 596
Hispanic or Latino population: 1,039
90272, Pacific Palisades, CA
Home: 652 Chautauqua Blvd
List Price: $20 Million
Listed With: Coldwell Banker Previews Internatio