Top 100 Most Expensive Zip Codes in US by Forbes in 2013-Rank no.65 – 10577, Purchase, NY
Estimated zip code population in 2011: 4,623
Zip code population in 2010: 6,552
Zip code population in 2000: 3,454
Houses and condos: 787
Renter-occupied apartments: 17
|% of renters here:||2%|
Mar. 2012 cost of living index in zip code 10577: 152.8 (very high, U.S. average is 100)
Land area: 6.7 sq. mi.
Water area: 0.0 sq. mi.
|Population density: 688 people per square mile||
Real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2011:
|This zip code:||1.0% ($10,001)|
|New York:||1.5% ($4,273)|
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2011: $10,001 (1.0%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2011: $10,001 (1.0%)
Zip code 10577 compared to state average:
- Median household income significantly above state average.
- Median house value significantly above state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage below state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in below state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly above state average.
- House age below state average.
- Number of college students significantly above state average.
Notable locations in this zip code not listed on our city pages:
Notable locations in zip code 10577: Century Country Club (A), Reed Estate (B), Brae Burn Country Club (C), The Golf Club of Purchase (D), Old Oaks Country Club (E), Purchase Community House (F), Purchase Fire Department (G). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in zip code 10577 include: Saint Johns Novitiate (A), Resurrection Convent (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Tourist attraction (not listed on the city page) : Advanced Technology Libraries (Cultural Attractions- Events- & Facilities; 2700 Westchester Avenue).
Estimated household income distribution in 2009:
Estimate of home value of owner-occupied houses/condos in 2011 in zip code 10577:
Rent paid by renters in 2011 in zip code 10577:
Household type by relationship:
- In family households: 2,260 (434 male householders, 227 female householders)
621 spouses, 913 children (873 natural, 5 adopted, 37 stepchildren), 0 grandchildren, 0 brothers or sisters, 9 parents, 42 other relatives, 14 non-relatives
- In nonfamily households: 131 (31 male householders (14 living alone)), 78 female householders (74 living alone)), 22 nonrelatives
- In group quarters: 2,232 (0 institutionalized population)
Size of family households: 230 2-persons, 118 3-persons, 212 4-persons, 62 5-persons, 28 6-persons, 11 7-or-more-persons
Size of nonfamily households: 88 1-person, 21 2-persons
709 married couples with children.
33 single-parent households (33 women).
81.2% of residents of 10577 zip code speak English at home.
5.7% of residents speak Spanish at home (84% very well, 6% well, 9% not well).
9.6% of residents speak other Indo-European language at home (81% very well, 9% well, 10% not well).
3.0% of residents speak Asian or Pacific Island language at home (87% very well, 4% well, 8% not well).
0.5% of residents speak other language at home (61% very well, 39% well).
(49.5% of them are naturalized citizens)
|This zip code:||12.8%|
Races in zip code 10577:
White population: 4,693
Black population: 387
American Indian population: 9
Asian population: 549
Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander population: 5
Some other race population: 19
Two or more races population: 148
Hispanic or Latino population: 742
10577, Purchase, NY
Home: 2 Lincoln Ln
List Price: $9.8 Million
Listed With: Julia B. Fee Sotheby’s Int’l Realty