Top 100 Most Expensive Zip Codes in US by Forbes in 2013-Rank no.74 – 91108, San Marino, CA
Estimated zip code population in 2011: 13,281
Zip code population in 2010: 13,361
Zip code population in 2000: 13,149
Houses and condos: 4,754
Renter-occupied apartments: 345
|% of renters here:||8%|
Mar. 2012 cost of living index in zip code 91108: 130.9 (high, U.S. average is 100)
Land area: 3.8 sq. mi.
Water area: 0.0 sq. mi.
|Population density: 3,484 people per square mile||
Real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2011:
|This zip code:||0.8% ($8,389)|
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2011: $10,001 (1.0%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2011: $4,875 (0.5%)
Zip code 91108 compared to state average:
- Median household income significantly above state average.
- Median house value significantly above state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age significantly above state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Number of rooms per house above state average.
- House age significantly above state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor’s degree or higher significantly above state average.
Notable locations in this zip code not listed on our city pages:
Notable locations in zip code 91108: El Molino Viejo (A), Huntington Library (B), San Marino Public Library (C), San Marino City Hall (D), San Marino Fire Department (E). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in zip code 91108 include: Saint Edmund’s Episcopal Church (A), Saints Felicitas and Perpetua Church (B), San Marino Congregational Church (C), San Marino Community Presbyterian Church (D). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemetery: San Gabriel Cemetery (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Parks in zip code 91108 include: Botanical Gardens (1), Lacy Park (2). Display/hide their locations on the map
Estimated household income distribution in 2009:
Estimate of home value of owner-occupied houses/condos in 2011 in zip code 91108:
Rent paid by renters in 2011 in zip code 91108:
Household type by relationship:
- In family households: 12,561 (2,541 male householders, 1,410 female householders)
3,492 spouses, 4,278 children (4,095 natural, 118 adopted, 66 stepchildren), 179 grandchildren, 44 brothers or sisters, 359 parents, 104 other relatives, 154 non-relatives
- In nonfamily households: 698 (104 male householders (34 living alone)), 419 female householders (409 living alone)), 175 nonrelatives
- In group quarters: 22 (0 institutionalized population)
Size of family households: 1,600 2-persons, 973 3-persons, 912 4-persons, 410 5-persons, 36 6-persons, 20 7-or-more-persons
Size of nonfamily households: 443 1-person, 50 2-persons, 30 4-persons
2,606 married couples with children.
302 single-parent households (69 men, 233 women).
50.1% of residents of 91108 zip code speak English at home.
5.7% of residents speak Spanish at home (86% very well, 13% well, 1% not well).
1.9% of residents speak other Indo-European language at home (96% very well, 4% well).
41.9% of residents speak Asian or Pacific Island language at home (62% very well, 22% well, 12% not well, 5% not at all).
0.4% of residents speak other language at home (100% very well).
(75.1% of them are naturalized citizens)
|This zip code:||38.9%|
Races in zip code 91108:
White population: 5,003
Black population: 54
American Indian population: 1
Asian population: 7,065
Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander population: 2
Some other race population: 25
Two or more races population: 337
Hispanic or Latino population: 874
91108, San Marino, CA
Home: 1161 Virginia Road
List Price: $17 Million
Listed With: Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage – San Marino