Top 100 Most Expensive Zip Codes in US by Forbes in 2013-Rank no.83 – 81615, Snowmass Village, CO
Estimated zip code population in 2011: 2,695
Zip code population in 2010: 2,839
Zip code population in 2000: 1,861
Houses and condos: 2,500
Renter-occupied apartments: 401
|% of renters here:||33%|
Mar. 2012 cost of living index in zip code 81615: 104.2 (near average, U.S. average is 100)
Land area: 25.6 sq. mi.
Water area: 0.1 sq. mi.
|Population density: 105 people per square mile||
Real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2011:
|This zip code:||0.5% ($3,069)|
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2011: $3,000 (0.5%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2011: $3,326 (0.3%)
Zip code 81615 compared to state average:
- Median house value significantly above state average.
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage below state average.
- Median age above state average.
- House age below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor’s degree or higher above state average.
Notable locations in this zip code not listed on our city pages:
Notable location: Snowmass – Wildcat Fire Protection District Snowmass Station 1 (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Reservoir: Wildcat Reservoir (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Creeks: East Fork Brush Creek (A), West Fork Brush Creek (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Estimated household income distribution in 2009:
Estimate of home value of owner-occupied houses/condos in 2011 in zip code 81615:
Rent paid by renters in 2011 in zip code 81615:
Household type by relationship:
- In family households: 1,728 (302 male householders, 293 female householders)
537 spouses, 462 children (456 natural, 7 adopted, 1 stepchildren), 0 grandchildren, 0 brothers or sisters, 0 parents, 55 other relatives, 79 non-relatives
- In nonfamily households: 959 (357 male householders (273 living alone)), 264 female householders (158 living alone)), 338 nonrelatives
- In group quarters: 8 (0 institutionalized population)
Size of family households: 312 2-persons, 128 3-persons, 61 4-persons, 94 5-persons
Size of nonfamily households: 431 1-person, 190 2-persons
391 married couples with children.
40 single-parent households (9 men, 31 women).
88.9% of residents of 81615 zip code speak English at home.
4.0% of residents speak Spanish at home (100% very well).
6.1% of residents speak other Indo-European language at home (75% very well, 25% well).
1.1% of residents speak Asian or Pacific Island language at home (100% very well).
(18.0% of them are naturalized citizens)
|This zip code:||9.9%|
Races in zip code 81615:
White population: 2,623
Black population: 7
American Indian population: 2
Asian population: 20
Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander population: 1
Some other race population: 1
Two or more races population: 25
Hispanic or Latino population: 160
81615, Snowmass Village, CO
Home: 5941 Lake Wildcat Rd
List Price: $25 Million
Listed With: Aspen Snowmass Sotheby’s International Realty