Top 100 Most Expensive Zip Codes in US by Forbes in 2013-Rank no.86 – 94506, Blackhawk, CA
Estimated zip code population in 2011: 21,283
Zip code population in 2010: 22,452
Zip code population in 2000: 19,768
Houses and condos: 7,578
Renter-occupied apartments: 716
|% of renters here:||10%|
Mar. 2012 cost of living index in zip code 94506: 134.2 (high, U.S. average is 100)
Land area: 18.7 sq. mi.
Water area: 0.0 sq. mi.
|Population density: 1,136 people per square mile||
Real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2011:
|This zip code:||0.9% ($8,900)|
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2011: $9,022 (0.9%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2011: $7,348 (0.7%)
Zip code 94506 compared to state average:
- Median household income significantly above state average.
- Median house value significantly above state average.
- Black race population percentage below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in below state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly above state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor’s degree or higher significantly above state average.
Notable locations in this zip code not listed on our city pages:
Notable locations in zip code 94506: San Ramon Veteran Civilian Conservation Corps Camp (A), Blackhawk Country Club (B), San Ramon Valley Overlook (C), Black Hawk Ranch (D), Behring Museum (E), San Ramon Valley Fire Protection District Station 35 (F), San Ramon Valley Fire Protection District Station 36(G). Display/hide their locations on the map
Shopping Center: Tassajara Crossing Shopping Center (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Creeks: East Fork Sycamore Creek (A), West Fork Sycamore Creek (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Park in zip code 94506: Sycamore Valley Park (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Estimated household income distribution in 2009:
Estimate of home value of owner-occupied houses/condos in 2011 in zip code 94506:
Rent paid by renters in 2011 in zip code 94506:
Household type by relationship:
- In family households: 19,958 (4,122 male householders, 2,101 female householders)
5,593 spouses, 7,284 children (6,915 natural, 179 adopted, 192 stepchildren), 143 grandchildren, 13 brothers or sisters, 73 parents, 397 other relatives, 232 non-relatives
- In nonfamily households: 1,234 (340 male householders (284 living alone)), 794 female householders (755 living alone)), 100 nonrelatives
- In group quarters: 91 (0 institutionalized population)
Size of family households: 2,426 2-persons, 1,329 3-persons, 1,772 4-persons, 498 5-persons, 186 6-persons, 12 7-or-more-persons
Size of nonfamily households: 1,039 1-person, 95 2-persons
5,108 married couples with children.
657 single-parent households (205 men, 452 women).
76.8% of residents of 94506 zip code speak English at home.
2.7% of residents speak Spanish at home (76% very well, 15% well, 6% not well, 3% not at all).
8.7% of residents speak other Indo-European language at home (80% very well, 14% well, 3% not well, 2% not at all).
11.1% of residents speak Asian or Pacific Island language at home (66% very well, 26% well, 7% not well, 1% not at all).
0.7% of residents speak other language at home (92% very well, 8% well).
(73.6% of them are naturalized citizens)
|This zip code:||21.6%|
Races in zip code 94506:
White population: 15,209
Black population: 350
American Indian population: 27
Asian population: 4,631
Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander population: 18
Some other race population: 43
Two or more races population: 839
Hispanic or Latino population: 1,335
94506, Blackhawk, CA
Home: 4263 Golden Oak Ct
List Price: $22 Million
Listed With: J. Rockcliff Realtors