Top 100 Most Expensive Zip Codes in US by Forbes in 2013-Rank no.88 – 07931, Far Hills, NJ
Estimated zip code population in 2011: 3,326
Zip code population in 2010: 3,296
Zip code population in 2000: 2,766
Houses and condos: 1,126
Renter-occupied apartments: 145
|% of renters here:||14%|
Mar. 2012 cost of living index in zip code 07931: 127.4 (high, U.S. average is 100)
Land area: 20.6 sq. mi.
Water area: 0.2 sq. mi.
|Population density: 161 people per square mile||
Real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2011:
|This zip code:||1.0% ($10,001)|
|New Jersey:||2.2% ($7,042)|
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2011: $10,001 (1.0%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2011: $10,001 (1.0%)
Zip code 07931 compared to state average:
- Median household income significantly above state average.
- Median house value significantly above state average.
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in below state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly above state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor’s degree or higher above state average.
Notable locations in this zip code not listed on our city pages:
Notable locations in zip code 07931: Far Hills Station (A), Camp Saint John (B), Middle Valley Farm (C), Far Hills – Bedminster Fire Department Station 1 (D), Liberty Corner Fire Company (E). Display/hide their locations on the map
Church in zip code 07931: Saint Elizabeth’s Catholic Church (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Reservoir: Ravine Lake (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Peapack Brook (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Park in zip code 07931: Leonard J Buck Gardens (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Estimated household income distribution in 2009:
Estimate of home value of owner-occupied houses/condos in 2011 in zip code 07931:
Rent paid by renters in 2011 in zip code 07931:
Household type by relationship:
- In family households: 2,936 (573 male householders, 234 female householders)
735 spouses, 1,092 children (1,044 natural, 31 adopted, 18 stepchildren), 0 grandchildren, 71 brothers or sisters, 148 parents, 45 other relatives, 38 non-relatives
- In nonfamily households: 325 (104 male householders (67 living alone)), 133 female householders (120 living alone)), 88 nonrelatives
- In group quarters: 65 (35 institutionalized population)
Size of family households: 259 2-persons, 181 3-persons, 146 4-persons, 166 5-persons, 43 6-persons, 12 7-or-more-persons
Size of nonfamily households: 187 1-person, 29 2-persons, 21 3-persons
810 married couples with children.
34 single-parent households (4 men, 30 women).
77.5% of residents of 07931 zip code speak English at home.
12.1% of residents speak Spanish at home (61% very well, 18% well, 8% not well, 13% not at all).
8.2% of residents speak other Indo-European language at home (58% very well, 14% well, 18% not well, 11% not at all).
0.5% of residents speak Asian or Pacific Island language at home (81% very well, 19% well).
1.7% of residents speak other language at home (80% very well, 9% well, 11% not well).
(46.0% of them are naturalized citizens)
|This zip code:||15.2%|
Races in zip code 07931:
White population: 2,859
Black population: 104
American Indian population: 1
Asian population: 97
Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander population: 1
Some other race population: 3
Two or more races population: 31
Hispanic or Latino population: 200
07931, Far Hills, NJ
Home: 159 Pennbrook Rd
List Price: $5.3 Million
Listed With: Turpin Real Estate