Top 5 Chinese Restaurants In Union Square – No.4 – Panda Express – 94103 – US
Category: Chinese865 Market St
(at Cable Car Turnaround)
San Francisco, CA 94103
Neighborhoods: Union Square, SoMa
- Health Score:
- 96 out of 100
- Accepts Credit Cards:
- Garage, Street
- Good for Groups:
- Good for Kids:
- Takes Reservations:
- Price Range:
- Waiter Service:
- Outdoor Seating:
- Good For:
- Noise Level:
- Has TV:
- Wheelchair Accessible:
- About Panda Express
- In 1973: Andrew Cherng opens the first Panda Inn in Pasadena, Calif., with his father, Master Chef Ming-Tsai Cherng. Panda Inn was one of the first restaurants to introduce the robust flavors of Mandarin and Szechuan cuisine to Southern California.
- In 1983 : After the success of Panda Inn, Andrew Cherng opens the first Panda Express. The restaurant is located in the Glendale Galleria in California, and the new concept is a pioneer in the quick-service Chinese food market and quickly becomes the Chinese food of choice for consumers and developers.
- In 1991 : Panda Express opens its first street location in Long Beach, Calif.
- In 2001 : Panda Express celebrates diversity by entering their “Bringing Cultures Together” float in the Tournament of Roses Parade. It is the parade’s longest float, and captures the Tournament Special Trophy for exceptional merit in multiple classifications.
- In 2010 :
- Honey Walnut Shrimp launches in March garnering huge success. The premium entrée, made with fresh tempura shrimp, wok-tossed in Panda’s signature gourmet honey sauce and topped with glazed walnuts receive the prestigious MenuMasters Award for Best New Menu Item of the year.
Menu for Panda Express
Chicken Egg Roll
Chicken egg rolls are prepared with a mixture of cabbage, carrots, mushrooms, green onions and marinated chicken wrapped in a thin wonton wrapper and cooked to a golden brown.
Veggie Spring Roll
Veggie spring rolls are prepared with a mixture of cabbage, celery, carrots, green onions and chinese noodles wrapped in a thin wonton wrapper and cooked to a golden brown.
Crispy shrimp is prepared with marinated, butterflied shrimp that are cooked to a crispy golden brown.
Orange chicken is a dish inspired by the hunan province in south central china. it is prepared with crispy boneless chicken bites, tossed in the wok with our secret sweet and spicy orange sauce. panda’s very own executive chef andy brought this entree to life and it quickly became panda’s most famous and beloved dish.
Mushroom chicken is a cantonese dish inspired by the guangdong province on the southern coast of china. it is prepared with marinated diced chicken, sliced zucchini and button mushrooms, all tossed in the wok with a mild ginger soy sauce.
Sweet And Sour Pork
Sweet & sour pork is a dish inspired by the city of shanghai located on the central coast of china. it is prepared with crispy pork bites tossed in the wok with our special sweet and sour sauce along with green bell peppers, chopped onions and juicy pineapple.
Eggplant tofu is a dish inspired by the sichuan province in central china prepared with lightly browned tofu, fresh eggplant and diced red bell peppers, tossed in the wok with a sweet and spicy sauce.
What’s Popular Here?