Top 100 Best High Schools 2013 – Uplift Summit International Preparatory – Newsweek – 51/100
Uplift Summit International Preparatory
School Classification: C, L
AVG SAT: 1552
AVG ACT: 20.7
AVG AP SCORE:2.3
NEWSWEEK SCORE: 3.71
1305 North Center Street, Arlington, Texas 76011
1100 Roosevelt St, Arlington, TX, United States
Year opened: 2007-08
Number of students (2013-14): 1,183
First graduating class: 2010-11
Uplift Education is a non-profit organization charter school operator headquartered on the grounds of North Hills Preparatory School in Irving, Texas, in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex. “Uplift Education" operates with the sole mission “to create and sustain public schools of excellence that empower each student to reach their highest potential in college and the global marketplace and that inspire in students a life-long love of learning, achievement, and service in order to positively change their world."
Furthermore, “Uplift Education" believes in three commitments:
“Commit to College: Uplift Education is committed to building a brighter future – one student at a time. We do this by creating quality, college preparatory public schools in underserved communities. Each student must be accepted into a two- or four-year college institution in order to receive their diploma from an Uplift high school."
“Commit to Community: Our community approach means that we actively reach out to local leaders and invite them to help us improve education in their communities by serving on our local boards and being advocates for our mission in their local neighborhoods."
“Commit to Change: By nurturing academic performance and civic responsibility from kindergarten through high school, we do more than expand our students’ horizons. We also change people’s perceptions of what is possible in public education."
>Our Vision- We will achieve this mission by:
1. Nurturing strong relationships between teachers, students and parents while maintaining the highest expectations.
2. Providing a curriculum with the highest academics that will truly prepare students for college.
3. Meeting all students’ needs by evaluating, reflecting and implementing customized instruction.
4. Fostering a professional learning environment where teachers and students are given time and tools to reflect and achieve academic and professional growth.
5. Implementing an extended school day, mandatory summer session and select Saturdays.
6. Measuring the quality of instruction and implementing best practices to ensure all students exceed state and national standards.
2011-12 Accountability Ratings:
>100% of Summit International Prep’s 2013 graduating class was accepted to college and receving nearly $14.2 million in scholarships.
>18-acre private school campus.
>Recently received KaBOOM! grant for new playground that is part of NBA Cares community work associated with the All-Star game.