535 Mission is a 27-story opened in November 2014,rising 378 ft (115 m) above street level. Class A office tower located in San Francisco’s South of Market district, along Mission Street and adjacent to the Transbay Transit Center & Park. Among the first of LEED Core & Shell Gold pre-certified office towers in SF and ultimately targeting Platinum certification, the building utilizes modern, sustainable design to further environmental building practices in the commercial high rise office arena.
Boston Properties – the developer, owner and manager of 535 Mission – contracted EBS for LEED Core & Shell consulting, energy modeling, LEED fundamental and enhanced commissioning, as well as measurement & verification services. Working to optimize the building’s existing design package, EBS is focusing heavily on quality assurance–ensuring the sustainable design intent is implemented and achieved throughout construction and operations.
- • Advanced mechanical systems and high performance building envelope will greatly reduce lighting and HVAC usage and costs
- • Water efficient fixtures and landscaping will reduce consumption by 30% inside the building, and up to 50% in outdoor landscaping
- • Increased natural ventilation through outdoor air delivery & monitoring
- • Significantly improved indoor environmental quality with the use of full outside air economizer ventilation systems and stringent building materials analysis and specifications
- • Floor-to-ceiling windows afford natural daylight and spectacular views
- • High performance glass integrates with indoor controls to enhance energy and light transmission performance
- • Measurement & Verification combined with a detailed points list and submetering plan, will allow for granular energy data collection and optimization
- • Conveniently located near multiple regional modes of transportation, restaurants and many other businesses and services