Internet of Things World
May 10 – 12, 2016
Santa Clara Convention Center, Silicon Valley
5001 Great America Pkwy, Santa Clara, CA 95054
**Program at a Glance**
Day 1 – Tuesday May 10, 2016
Digitalization is driving massive transformation in every aspect of business and society, and is fundamentally changing the way that businesses interact with their customers and governments interact with their constituents. The macro trends of IoT and Big Data are transforming business, industrial and urban landscapes globally through the continued convergence of our virtual and physical worlds.
In this session, Jack Domme, CEO of Hitachi Americas, will explore how, by mindfully applying connected intelligence from the IoT and actionable analytic insights, public and private organizations can now achieve better business outcomes that not only drive greater efficiencies and improve their bottom line, but support the development of smarter, safer, healthier and more efficient societies in the process.
- Creating Value from connecting “things” Assessing the commercial feasibility and monetization of IoT
- How will the “Internet of Things” remake your industry? In what ways can IoT improve efficiency, enable innovation and drive real business transformation?
- How will the technologies evolve?
- Managing IoT data & Creating Value through Analytics
The coming availability of ubiquitous thing connectivity will have a profound transformation on every aspect of how we live. However, the type of connectivity platform that is chosen for IOT deployments, and more specifically durable IOT infrastructure, can drive very different business and societal outcomes. In this presentation, we’ll identify what technology requirements incorporate the lessons of yesterday, meet the broad technical and commercial requirements of today, and are inherently extensible for tomorrow’s needs. By evaluating standards, security and scalability requirements, a framework will be provided to ensure that everyone is able to participate in the IOT revolution.
- Examining effective business & marketing models to engage with the consumer
- How to choose the most effective marketing channels and maximize these
- What does the enterprise/consumer want/need? How to market IoT technologies and products to the everyday consumer?
- How secure is IoT in the home? Identifying Key Security Concerns that may arise in the Smart Home
- Showcasing how a Home Security company is effectively managing security concerns
- Examining opportunities for consumers to monitor and maintain security remotely, To what extent will offering security and safety in the home enable the ecosystem to monetize on their IoT/Smart Home offerings?
- Bringing IoT devices into Home Ecosystems and then connecting this ecosystem to others: How is the security managed through this collaboration?
- Future Opportunities for Predictive Analytics, Machine Learning …
- Examining the role of Big data, Processing and Analytics for the Industrial Internet
- How can CIO’s use IoT to maximize business development and efficiency?]
- IoT for Manufacturers, Mining & Precision Agriculture
- What does IoT mean for Fleet Management &Tracking; supply chain management; smart factory; energy efficiencies…
- Ensuring ROI: Looking at the costs associated and how these can be justified?
The internet of things is the ultimate change agent, enabling business and industry to connect, measure, and manage products, information, operations, and the enterprise like never before. With opportunity comes challenges that need to be addressed in order to realize the full potential of the Internet of Things. Those challenge exists at every layer of IT / OT convergence, from connectivity to interoperability, cybersecurity, and system reliability. When Operations, Finance, Facilities, Energy and Sustainability teams collaborate together in IoT solution development, they are finding the potential to reach all new levels of safety, reliability, efficiency, and sustainability.
In this presentation Prith Banerjee, Chief Technology Officer of Schneider Electric will discuss how Schneider Electric is partnering with industry and customers to translate IoT into tangible value today. At the same time, Prith will share a set of predictions for where the greatest impact and potential for value will be generated over time. Based on the company’s recent global IoT survey of 2,500 top business executives and lessons learned from years of experience developing IoT solutions, Mr. Banerjee will introduce the company’s perspective for how IoT will usher in the next wave of digital transformation and advance the world of energy and automation. Additionally, he will detail the innovations the company has developed to support current and future IoT implementations and the results driven through real-world case studies where barriers to adoption have been overcome to deliver efficiency, productivity, profitability, and competitive advantage.
- The Sharing Economy meets the Internet of Things: How will increasing connectivity drive innovation in this collaborative ecosystem?
- Examining successes of innovating brands in the shared economy space (i.e. Airbnb, Uber, Zipcar, Getaround…)
- Keeping up with today’s societal and cultural demands, expectations and trends
- Creating safer cities with “Vision Zero”
- Developing effective business models and practices: Working with 3rdparties, e.g. Music Streaming, Content, Retail, Advertising
- What comes next?