New York, New York County, 10001
Estimated zip code population in 2011: 21,097
Zip code population in 2010: 21,102
Zip code population in 2000: 17,310
Houses and condos: 12,161
Renter-occupied apartments: 7,747
|% of renters here:||74%|
Mar. 2012 cost of living index in zip code 10001: 158.4 (very high, U.S. average is 100)
Land area: 0.6 sq. mi.
Water area: 0.0 sq. mi.
|Population density: 33,951 people per square mile||
Real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2011:
|This zip code:||1.0% ($6,110)|
|New York:||1.5% ($4,273)|
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2011: $7,763 (0.8%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2011: $3,527 (5.3%)
Zip code 10001 compared to state average:
- Median house value above state average.
- Renting percentage above state average.
- Length of stay since moving in below state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- Number of college students above state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor’s degree or higher above state average.
Neighborhoods in zip code 10001:
Percentage of zip code residents living and working in this county: 86.1%
Races in zip code 10001:
White population: 11,704
Black population: 1,602
American Indian population: 33
Asian population: 3,519
Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander population: 5
Some other race population: 95
Two or more races population: 496
Hispanic or Latino population: 3,648
Public high school in zip code 10001
- SATELLITE ACAD HS (Students: 837; Location: 120 W 30TH ST, NEW YORK, NY; Grades: 09 – 12)
Private high school
- ST MICHAEL ACADEMY (Students: 422; Location: 425 WEST 33RD STREET, NEW YORK, NY; Grades: 9 – 12; Girls only)
Public primary/middle school in zip code 10001
- PS 33 CHELSEA SCHOOL (Students: 376; Location: 281 NINTH AVE, NEW YORK, NY; Grades: PK – 08)
Private primary/middle school
- ST COLUMBA SCHOOL (Students: 244; Location: 331 WEST 25TH STREET, NEW YORK, NY; Grades: PK – 8)