Top 100 Most Expensive Zip Codes in US by Forbes in 2013-Rank no.79 – 11545, Glen Head, NY
Estimated zip code population in 2011: 11,962
Zip code population in 2010: 12,065
Zip code population in 2000: 12,073
Houses and condos: 4,283
Renter-occupied apartments: 423
|% of renters here:||10%|
Mar. 2012 cost of living index in zip code 11545: 158.0 (very high, U.S. average is 100)
Land area: 11.5 sq. mi.
Water area: 0.0 sq. mi.
|Population density: 1,042 people per square mile||
Real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2011:
|This zip code:||1.1% ($10,001)|
|New York:||1.5% ($4,273)|
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2011: $10,001 (1.1%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2011: $10,001 (1.1%)
Zip code 11545 compared to state average:
- Median household income significantly above state average.
- Median house value significantly above state average.
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage below state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly above state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor’s degree or higher above state average.
Notable locations in this zip code not listed on our city pages:
Notable locations in zip code 11545: Glen Head Country Club (A), Cedarbrook Golf and Tennis Club (B), Brookville Country Club (C), Tam O’Shanter Country Club (D), Glen Head Station (E), Rottkamp Brothers Farm (F), Young’s Farm (G), Dematters Center for Cardiac Research and Education (H), Gold Coast Public Library (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in zip code 11545 include: Glenwood Presbyterian Church (A), Our Savior’s Lutheran Church (B), Brookville Church (C). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemeteries: Saint Patrick Cemetery (1), Brookville Cemetery (2), East Hillside Cemetery (3). Display/hide their locations on the map
Park in zip code 11545: Brookville Nature Park (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Estimated household income distribution in 2009:
Estimate of home value of owner-occupied houses/condos in 2011 in zip code 11545:
Rent paid by renters in 2011 in zip code 11545:
Household type by relationship:
- In family households: 11,208 (1,882 male householders, 1,628 female householders)
3,052 spouses, 3,872 children (3,678 natural, 128 adopted, 67 stepchildren), 153 grandchildren, 77 brothers or sisters, 168 parents, 263 other relatives, 113 non-relatives
- In nonfamily households: 725 (327 male householders (237 living alone)), 237 female householders (186 living alone)), 161 nonrelatives
- In group quarters: 29 (0 institutionalized population)
Size of family households: 1,510 2-persons, 765 3-persons, 713 4-persons, 370 5-persons, 105 6-persons, 47 7-or-more-persons
Size of nonfamily households: 423 1-person, 138 2-persons, 3 3-persons
2,521 married couples with children.
237 single-parent households (51 men, 186 women).
80.9% of residents of 11545 zip code speak English at home.
4.6% of residents speak Spanish at home (80% very well, 12% well, 8% not well).
10.7% of residents speak other Indo-European language at home (85% very well, 11% well, 3% not well, 1% not at all).
3.5% of residents speak Asian or Pacific Island language at home (64% very well, 15% well, 17% not well, 4% not at all).
0.3% of residents speak other language at home (87% very well, 13% well).
(76.7% of them are naturalized citizens)
|This zip code:||13.7%|
Races in zip code 11545:
White population: 10,235
Black population: 141
American Indian population: 10
Asian population: 805
Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander population: 3
Some other race population: 27
Two or more races population: 124
Hispanic or Latino population: 720
11545, Glen Head, NY
Home: 873 Cedar Swamp Rd
List Price: $11 Million
Listed With: Daniel Gale Sotheby’s International Realty