1. 哈佛大學：Harvard University, Boston, Mass. The medical school once presided over by Oliver Wendell Holmes Sr. (to name one of many famous deans and students) remains the best medical school in the country, according to the rankings. There are currently 709 students enrolled in the MD program. U.S. News & World Report ranked the school first overall and also first for research. The tuition is $47,500.
2. 霍普金斯大學：John Hopkins University, Baltimore, Md. Founded in 1876 by Hopkins, a Baltimore entrepreneur and staunch abolitionist, the school is a private research university that has had 37 Nobel Prizes winners among its faculty and graduates (President Woodrow Wilson among them). There are 455 students enrolled in its MD program. The tuition is $42,600.
3. 賓夕法尼亞大學：University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Penn. The Perelman School of Medicine, which used to be the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, is the oldest medical school in America, founded in 1765. There are 636 students in its MD program. In addition to MD, PhD and post-doctoral degrees, the university also offers certificates in areas such as Global Health, Women’s Health and Aging. The tuition is $45,498.
4. 斯坦福大學：Stanford University, Stanford, Calif. Located between San Francisco and San Jose, Stanford University School of Medicine is a relative newcomer compared to the first three schools on this list, having first started medical classes in 1909. There are 449 students enrolled in its MD program. The tuition is $45,744.
5. 加州大學：University of California — San Francisco, San Francisco, Calif. This California school began as Toland Medical College in 1864, joined with the University of California in 1873 and now occupies 7 sites in San Francisco and Fresno. There are currently three Nobel laureates on the school’s faculty. There are 634 students enrolled. The tuition is $29,856 for Californians and $42,101 for all students from outside the state.
6. 華盛頓大學：Washington University, St. Louis, Mo. Founded in 1891, the Washington University School of Medicine is ranked in the Top 10 by U.S. News & World Report in research, drug and alcohol abuse treatment, internal medicine and pediatrics. There are 490 students enrolled, with a tuition of $50,510.
7. 耶魯大學：Yale University, New Haven, Conn. Established in 1810 and opened in 1813, the Yale School of Medicine is among the oldest medical schools in the country. It currently has 25 National Academy of Sciences members on its faculty. U.S. News & World Report ranked the school first for its drug and alcohol abuse program. There are 401 students enrolled. The tuition is $47,560.
8. 哥倫比亞大學:Columbia University, New York City, NY. The College of Physicians and Surgeons at Columbia University, located in the Washington Heights neighborhood of Manhattan, was the first medical school in the United States to award the MD degree. U.S. News & World Report ranked Columbia second for its drug and alcohol abuse program and fifth for both its AIDS research and women’s health program. There are 663 students. The tuition is $47,600.
9. 杜克大學：Duke University, Durham, NC. The lone school in the Top 10 located in the South, the School of Medicine at Duke University offers a three-year, condensed period of student classes and fourth year for elective rotations and the chance for a dual master’s degree. It is also affiliated with the Duke Clinical Research Institute, the oldest and largest academic organization of its kind in America. There are 413 medical students enrolled at the school. The tuition is $46,261.
10. 芝加哥大學University of Chicago, Chicago, Ill. The Pritzker School of Medicine at University of Chicago, which began in 1927, has 11 Nobel Prize winners affiliated with the school. Students must complete a mentored project in one of five areas before graduation – scientific discovery, medical education, quality and safety, community health and global health. There are 377 students enrolled. The tuition is $42,294.